Tuesday, June 25, 2013

38. S/S 2013 Wardrobe: Red

Surprisingly, I don't have a lot of reds in my closet for the summer. I do think red is an amazing colour; it is very vibrant and visible, and overall, it gives a statement. No matter if it's a small accessory or an article of clothing, it will stand out. With my closet of mostly monochromatic colours of black, white, and grays, having accent colours like blue or red changes it a lot.



This is a floral dress with frilly layers. I haven't wore this out much because it is a bit tight on me. But, after my diet is successful and my ideal weight has been reached, I will definitely be wearing this dress a lot more often! When I did wear it out though, I wore a white t-shirt underneath with a black sweater on top and tights and black shorts on the bottom with black ribbon flats. This was during the winter so I bundled up. I really liked how the dress peeked out from under the sweater, showing that cute frill of floral pattern. But, if I wore to wear this during the summer, I would just put on a cardigan, some sandals and perhaps a big, floppy sun hat.



Similar to the anytime, anywhere blue striped blouse I posted here, this shirt is also one of my go to shirts because of it's casualness. I usually just wear a pair of jeans, a black tank top inside, and layer it with this shirt. But, if it's a bit cold outside, it looks amazing paired with my black leather jacket! It toughens the look up, yet still making that red statement