Sunday, May 3, 2015

ART-ing | 002

As you can see, I revamped the blog with a new banner and some minor details! I drew the banner by hand using good ol' Paint. The character and its surroundings actually started off with pen and paper, and I was less than halfway done when I thought "Hmm, wouldn't it be cool to draw this on the computer?" So, I did. Here are the progress pictures from my sketchbook.





It was nice to draw things using Paint again. I remember doing that back in late middle school to early high school when I was really into "graphic and web design" (if you can call it such). I would draw cute characters and learn to code so I can properly display them. It was a lot of fun! (I was a nerdy child now that I look back to those times.)

I should have taken screenshots or "saved as" my work every so often when I was drawing them on Paint... didn't realize until later as that would have been neat to see the banner coming together. Or maybe at least a time lapse video... I'll try to remember that for next time!