Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April Fools | 2015

Let me start by saying I like April Fools. But, only when pranks aren't played on me.

This morning, however, there was a surprise in store for me by my one and only roommate.

Before we start, however, let me give a quick background, or context, of my condition this morning as a result of last night.

Last night, I went to bed somewhat early, and was just playing with my phone like I usually do until I get tired, close my eyes, and try to sleep. The keyword of last night was try. As in trying to sleep. Because I did not get a wink of sleep last night. Until 7 AM. This morning.

"What did I do all night?" you may ask. I just downloaded some chicklit and read them on my phone. I managed to finish one and start another. So, you can imagine how drowsy I was once I woke up from a two hour nap. I had to use the washroom and it was 9:10 AM. My alarm clock is set to 9:45 AM and was set to wake my roommate and me up every other day at this exact time. I figured if I used the washroom now, I would still have around half an hour to get some shut-eye.

I come back from the washroom, wash my hands, and proceed back to our shared bedroom. I notice something - or rather someone - was missing. I double check my poking at my roommate's blanket, but didn't think too much of it. I was still a bit dizzy at this time. I go into the kitchen to boil some water. I look around our place again. I grab my phone and try calling her. No answer - straight to voice mail. I check the powder room and I look outside to see if my roommate had went out to answer a call. Nothing.

Weird. I think to myself. Where could she have possibly gone? I do another round around our place and triple check her bed. I pulled down the covers and there was no body. And at this time, I decide to grab something from our shared closet. Bad choice. And as you can imagine, my devious roommate was waiting right there with her phone placed on silent.

Usually, I am a very well mannered lady who does not curse. But this, this little "prank" of hers had me screaming at the top of my lungs and cursing right afterwards once I orientated myself again.

Thanks a bunch, roomie.