Wednesday, February 5, 2014

100. 2 Decades

I have lived for two decades so far, not centuries. I made the mistake the first time I said it, but I got it right after that little embarrassment.

My birthday this year was the best so far and let me tell you why:

1. The day was beautiful! Cold, but beautiful!


(Left: On the skytrain to Richmond | Right: Life Sciences Centre building on campus)

2. I was able to get closer to a very quiet classmate and we walked around campus and chatted for an hour getting to know each other
3. Discovering cool new things on campus with classmate-now-friend



(Both: Full on chalkboard on the wall where the elevator is | Can you guess what I drew?)

3. b) Finding out Bruce Wayne was there


4. I didn't have to pay for my Starbucks drink because it was my birthday!
5. The Starbucks barista wrote 'Happy Birthday' on my cup, but I forgot to take a picture of it before I finished it and threw it away

(Non-existent picture here please)

6. I ate good food











(Top Left: interior design of restaurant | Top Right: Chicken Teriyaki and Fried Chicken Wings (yum) | Bottom Left: insanely sweet hot honey lemon tea | Bottom Right: Noodles for longevity!)

7. There were cool new displays up at the mall nearby where we ate (a mini garden inside the mall with a bridge and a statue of a man reading)




8. I finished off the celebration by sharing Banana Splits with a friend (@ Marble Slab)



9. Finding out where my vanity comes from #itsinthegenes #familyinheritance


(Please excuse my dad's lame English)

10. Sharing my birthday with my friends and receiving thoughtful presents! Apparently when they saw the gift, they went "It's Milly". I love it when people buy me presents while thinking of me, gets me all melted cheese inside, you know?


Couldn't have asked for a better birthday myself!