Monday, January 6, 2014

93. First Day

School is officially back in session as of today, but it wasn't full of rainbows and butterflies for me. I caught a cold just yesterday so I have been feeling horrible with a stuffy nose and not enough sleep because of it. In fact, I barely slept a wink last night so I'm pretty tired today and my eyes are red and icky.

At least classes went well today despite the numerous times I had to stop myself from sneezing. I'm not sure if it's useful for others, but I was quite successful when I did it - my little trick of preventing myself from sneezing.

When you feel the urge to sneeze, just touch the roof of your mouth with your tongue and look up (tilt your head up) to stare at the lights while putting a finger across your nose (where your nostrils are) and breathe slowly.

Other than that, I bought some Aspirin and am drinking lots of water. Hopefully, this cold won't overstay its welcome and pack its bags and go within a week!