Thursday, September 5, 2013

74. First Week Back

Finally, the first week back at the University! It took me two days to completely move in at my new place that I'm renting together with a good friend, and we finally got Internet on the sixth day! I'm so glad I have Internet again so I can stay connected with both friends and school work!

My new place is pretty spacious and we're still decorating it. I really like my desk area because it is very me. It has (fake) flowers, polariods and photo booth pictures hanging on the string, a cute mini calendar, pictures and (empty, but to-be-filled) picture frames, and other random cute bits and pieces that really make the area invitable and welcoming, so I actually feel happy when I work (at least that's the plan).

Other than the decoration, cooking for myself proved to be a bit difficult. So far, I have either ate out, made simple Japanese styled chicken curry for some friends, or just tomatoes and egg (with mushrooms and bean sprouts) for breakfast/lunch/dinner. I have yet to use my own rice cooker, which I was actually really looking forward to. Oh well, maybe next week.

Besides living away from my parents, school is also kicking in. This whole first week I was just running around trying to get everything on my planner done. Unfortunately, not everything has gone according to plan. Fortunately, however, one thing after another has been cleared up (amidst a lot of stress and hair pulling).

I haven't taken any pictures with my camera yet, which I am regretting because the Raincouver weather is finally kicking in. I'll try to take as many pictures as I can on my Vivitar so I can get them printed out and scanned in. That also reminded me to scan in my sketchbook pages using the University's scanner, which I hope, is at least of some decent quality.